About the Log Cabin School Project:
In 1908 a log schoolhouse was built at Log Cabin, about 17 miles west of “The Forks” on Road 74E. Stewart C. Case was one of the teachers for many years. The school building is still at the original location. An addition was built later to provide for residential use. Bonnie Campbell & family have owned the property since the early 1980’s. The school building is where people met for school classes, church services and Sunday school.
In 1908 a log school house was built in the area. Steward C. Case was one of the teachers for many years. The school is still on the original location and the original building still stands with an addition added for a private residence. Log Cabin School, where people also met for church services and Sunday school.
School children in front of Log Cabin School (1908-1930), where people met for school, church services, and Sunday school.
As part of the Historic Sites & Signage project, a sign was created for the Historic Site Log Cabin School (PDF).
The Red Feather Historical Society would like to give a special thanks to Bonnie Campbell and daughter, Sharon Smith for being our first participants in the Historic Site signage project.
Red Feather Historical Society Historic Site Log Cabin School 1908-1930.